Thursday, January 31, 2008

Colbert * Quesada '08!!!

As many of you may well know, Joe Q was on the infamous and amazing Colbert Report last night. Did you miss it? maybe you want to see it again? you can thank me later.



First off, before you run off to check your Amazing Spider-man #546 covers in disbelief, the Colbert '08 ad is sadly not on there. I wish it was and would buy the issue over again with this variance, yet it doesn't seem such a cover exists...yet!

Now as for the idea of Colbert being a viable canidate for the '08 presidential election within the Marvel universe? I'd find this a beautifully well thought out advertising scheme that would benefit both groups and amuse countless fans. It could honestly be done quite simply through a subtle viral campaign. Think about it, now and then seeing billboards, bumper stickers, and newspapers mentioning Colbert for president throughout the pages of Marvel comics. It would detract from the story anymore than the fake ads do now and would certainly beat the hell out of the Army and Lost ads currently leaking into our comic pages. I can also guarantee that people would pick up the comics for this factor and retailers would sell a few extra copies. I mean...I sold all the issues of Tek Jansen #1 we got in my store with the greatest of ease. The only question is...who is Stephen going to choose for his running mate? I'd honestly put a Colbert * Quesada '08 sticker on...well, just about everything I own. So listen up Marvel, its time to get this campaign running and put Colbert in something as close to the Marvel's Oval Office as possible!


Now, an image to remember, lets look at Quesada's cover to the never released (or even written) Rampaging Colbert #1

No comments: