Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A New Idea

Hello all you prospective new readers! I am Mathias Lewis, a comic fan, creator, and retailer whose been absorbed into the industry for several years now. I've been a comic fan for well over a decade, first truly reading American Comics on a regular basis back in 1994. Since then it has been a long and bumpy road where my fandom shifted all over the place. I recall a few years in the late ninties where I was only reading "indy" titles (which I considered anything not from the big two). However around 2001 I was drawn back into the mainstream of comics and started picking up everything that interested me well building a huge backlisting of titles dating back to the 60's. In 2003 I wrote my first comic script and saw it published in 2004. During 2004 I was also hired on a different end of the industry, selling comics. I still hold that job nearly 4 years later, working weekends at a Southern California comic shop (that for the time will remain nameless). Since that point I've expanded my career path in more directions that I can name. I attend countless comics and anime conventions every year and feel I have a fairly good grasp of the industry and its fans.
Thats where this brand new blog comes into creation. Like everyone on the internet, I have a million things I want to say. This actually accounts for why I have roughly half a dozen blogs from livejournal to myspace, however there were things I wanted to talk about that just wouldn't have fit in those places. My solution is what you are currently reading, a blog just to talk comics. Here I will discuss everything from the crazy comic customers, the woes and benefits of being a comic store clerk, commentaries on comic news and stories, and perhaps much much more dealing with the American Comic Industry and its many related forms (from manga to movies). So I honestly do hope you will all enjoy this blog and you're all welcome to comment. Honestly, if you like what I say, if you hate what I say, if you just want scream you're personal distate for Rob Liefeld, please feel free!

No comments: