Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Comic Facts

Now before I truly get into posting, let me tell you a bit about my fandom so you can see where I'm coming from, my biases, and catch some of my inside jokes.

-First of all, I'm a primarily DC fan. I love DC comics and its many heroes, even prefer its comic universe to any other. Oddly enough though, it's the Marvel comics that normally find there way to the top of my read pile each week.

-I can't recall my first comic, but I remember the first title I started regularly buying. Amazing Spider-man, Volume 1, around the end of 1993.

-I discovered Image, specifically Top Cow and Wildstorm, in '95 and have complete runs of the majority of their amazing titles (even when they're not all that amazing)

-I BUY an average of 130 new comics a month, check diamond's website every monday, and generally pick up my books on a saturday. Because of this, many comics that don't jump to the top of my read pile slip far down the list and wont get read for several months!

-I've been annually attending Comic Con International every year since 1999 and started attending many other comic and anime conventions annually since 2005. I average around 12 conventions a year.

-I'm an absolute sucker for variant covers (but truly hate paying extra for more limited released ones)

-Rob Liefeld and John Byrne have made their names into curse words within my comic shop because of the ways they carry themsevles online and in person.

-My comic collection is so large I honestly have no clue how many thousands of issues I own...though they are suprisingly well organized.

No comments: